Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gym Etiquette

A rare, true life story from yours truly.

At the gym this morning, I was working out on the elliptical when a lovely young woman got onto the machine next to mine. She was watching Regis and Kelly, though today, Pat Sajak was substituting for Reeg. I don't judge what people watch to pass the time at the gym. Who cares? But then...

She proceeded to hysterically giggle during the entire show (which, I soon discovered has like zero commerical breaks). I tried to give her the eye a few times to be like, lady, stop, but she didn't. Her laugh was beyond annoying, a fake, breathy loud pulsating giggle. People around her kept looking over, but she was oblivious, so enthralled was she by the delightful comedic timing of Pat & Kelly. I thought, I'd better wrap up this work-out before things get ugly. I could feel the blood rising, I could feel myself getting angrier, and then...

I got to work and saw this story.

It is so refreshing to one's sanity to witness someone else doing something you almost did yourself, but had the restraint not to. It makes you feel so incredibly, deeply sane...

No comments: