Friday, June 6, 2008

Paging Peter Morgan

You know, the author of FROST/NIXON and THE QUEEN?

I think he needs to write a play about Clinton's one hour sit down meeting with Obama in the home of Senator Feinstein (who, it appears, served them water). What was said? How will history be shaped by these two titans facing off, chair to chair, in a room alone, with no cameras, no reporters, no posturing, not even secret servicemen.

My hunch? Hillary wanted to enlist Barack's help to pay off her debts. And maybe discuss how he'll help the black politicians who supported her. I doubt they went deep into a debate about the Vice-Presidency.

And I'm sorry, but Dianne Feinstein didn't just serve water. She's a bubbie! You know she said, "Wouldn't you like something to eat? Some cookies? Pretzles? Just something to nosh, nu?"

Whatever they discussed, I'd love to know what Peter Morgan imagines was said...

No comments: