Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Free Speech in Hillary's House

Stephen Kaus writes a very compelling column on Huffington Post today about Hillary's relationship with free speech. This is all in relation to the MSNBC "scandal" when David Shuster asked if the Clinton's were pimping Chelsea out. As others have already noted, anyone who goes out on behalf of a candidate is being pimped out to some degree, Chelsea no more so than anyone else. But Hillary's response is, well... I hadn't actually read it. Here's a snipet:

"I am accustomed to criticism, certainly from MSNBC. I know that it goes with the territory. However, I became Chelsea's mother long before I ran for any office and I will always be a mom first and a public official second."

Um, barf! Chelsea's 28 years old!!! And was a fucking Rhodes Scholar. I'm glad Hill's feeling maternal, but something about this letter strikes me as inherently vomititous.

No comments: