Friday, January 11, 2008

Golden Globe Predictions

No awards ceremony. No joy. Maybe I'll have an omelet at brunch on Sunday with yolk. That'll cure my blues over not seeing a post-stroke Dick Clark congratulate the chosen few among the sea of self-congratulating congratulators. (Oh who's kidding. I love those kids, ego and all).
Nonetheless, awards will be won, and my predictions for film (I don't believe they nominated Survivor: China for Best TV Drama, so my tv predix would be worthless) are:

Best Picture (Drama): No Country For Old Men
Best Picture (Comedy/Musical): Sweeney Todd
Best Actor (Drama): Daniel Day-Lewis- There Will Be Blood
Best Actress (Drama): Julie Christie- Away From Her
Best Actor (Comedy): Johnny Depp- Sweeney Todd
Best Actress (Comedy): Amy Adams- Enchanted
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem- No Country For Old Men
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett- I'm Not There
Best Director: Ethan Coen & Joel Coen- No Country For Old Men
Best Screenplay: Diablo Cody- Juno
Best Original Song: That's How You Know- Enchanted
Best Original Score: Dario Marianelli- Atonement
Best Animated Film: Ratatouille
Best Foreign Language Film: The Diving Bell and The Butterfly

No comments: